Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back to the Future...or 1985.

I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a huge fan of the Back to the Future movies, I guess the whole "Family Ties" series didn't sit well enough with me to appreciate watching another 5 or 6 hours of Michael J. Fox. But I've been briefed on them several times, even did the whole behind-the-scenes tour at Universal Studios. I didn't recognize any of the scenery, but I still oohed and ahhhed like a big tourist mo. I rode the 3-D simulator as well, which, if anyone out there has been on this ride since 1987, you know that getting in that thing in 2008 is the equivalent of having someone read you a pop-up storybook. I guess all of this was way 'before my time,' as they say, and by 'they' I mean anyone who was old enough to buy their own ticket when the first movie came out in theaters. Me, I was three, still figuring out that you shouldn't stick legos up your nose or eat paste. But today, I found out that there there was actually a DeLorean Motor Company. They opened in 1975 and actually made DeLorean sports cars! They filed for bankruptcy in 1982 because of lack of demand. I'm thinking to myself: "self, who the *expletive* wouldn't want a DeLorean??!" Personally, I say they were ahead the curve. Now people are paying crazy money to get butterfly doors installed when they could have just had an effing DeLorean. How can one resist this:

Or especially this:

Seriously, bring back the DMC-12. If anyone has one, and will sell it to me, there's some serious money in it for you. I could go as high as five dollars...maaaybe six. Let me know. I like red, but it's negotiable.

No comments: