Sunday, February 8, 2009

The little things...

There's something about Sunday. I wake up feeling like doing absolutely nothing but eating pancakes and watching movies, mostly to calm the anxiety of starting another new week the next day. So I woke up today, put on a pair of sweat pants and an old basketball jersey.

I made my cozy little comfort breakfast and proceeded to watch 'The Number 23.'




The movie is pretty nonsensical, far-fetched, and almost unwatchable after the first 15 minutes. Basically, the main character becomes obsessed with the number 23, and goes crazy turning his entire life and the world into a big math problem where everything equals 23. EVERYTHING is 23.

I've probably stretched this little story on for too long, but the point is that, being that I was pretty bored, I went to the bathroom in the middle of the movie without fear of missing anything remotely important or entertaining.




So I'm standing at the bathroom mirror washing my hands, and of course I happen to look at my reflection. Who doesn't? I'm still wearing my college basketball jersey that I had put on earlier in the morning.

What number is on the jersey?

23.

Spoooooooky, right?

Nope, instead of being creeped out I laughed hysterically to myself for 15 minutes, which is actually just about as much time as anyone should spend watching this ridiculously lame movie. But I thought the coincidence was funny.

Also, for those that don't know, Rhona Mitra (a badass better known as the original Lara Croft, Tomb raider) is one of my favorite actresses, and really, the only reason I continued watching Jim Carrey narrate his life in the slowest, most painfully monotone voice possible, was because I heard that she was in the movie. But beware, America, she is only onscreen for 5 minutes. Literally 5 minutes, and you have to watch 75 minutes of garbage just to get to it.





Please don't waste your time.

2 comments:

A Human Experience [AHE] said...

*sigh* is this how you are chosing to deal with Florida's python proliferation problem by stuffing yourself with pancakes and using women like Rhona Mitra to lure the unwieldy serpents into compromising positions for ad lay-outs?! presumably, the snakes are then shipped back to the burmese jungles from whence they came??

I am beginning to think you are not taking seriously your duty to round up these rogue snakes before they migrate from FL out into the rest of the country.. well, I suppose it's probably the best you can do given how your mind works. I don't want you to think your efforts are not appreciated. it did take considerable creativity to figure out how to use actresses, like Mitra to capture renegade snakes.. so kudos for that!

in the future, I hope you will find a way to capture more than one snake at a time, & maybe a way to skip the added effort of staging & lighting the reptiles for photo-shoots before disposing them them back to their native lands. thank u for your continued attention to this matter.

Isvind said...

haha I'm no Jim Carrey fan, and would not look it up for all the Rhona Mitras in the world.
But she's awesome. love her in Doomsday and look forward to see her in the new Underworld: Rise of the lycans movie... YAY for Rhona Mitra